Friday 6 June 2008

The fox and the explorer

I've got permission from my IT department to install Firefox on my pc (not sure if I really needed permission.....). I can now tick one of the things on my "to do list": to explore an alternative browser and not just the standard Internet Explorer *yawn*.

Firefox is fun because it is open source software and I feel like I am exploring a new world which my colleagues are *maybe* not using ( I like to be different!). I noticed how accustomed I have become to using IE (I vaguely remember using Mozilla as a browser back in 1998??!).
I have transferred all my bookmarks and customized the layout and added a couple of interesting add-ons such as visual search. I have not thought about switching for the time being I am just having fun by choosing the one I am in the mood for. I have read that IE has a add on functionality which I only found out when searching for Firefox add ons, so at least I know that now!
I shall continue my mission to explore the strange new worlds of Firebox, to seek out new functionalities and add-ons, to boldly go where I have never gone before.

No comments:

Post a Comment