Monday 8 September 2008

Non-Google Day link

Some weeks ago (or was it months?) I mentioned my commitment to non-google day, and since then I have using different search engines on Wednesdays. If there is a week where I can't think of a new search engine to use, or I do not have time to look for one (usually I find them on Karen Blakeman or Phil Bradley's website) then I just continue using any of the previous search engines I've tried. But this one is new for the list of search engines to try: http://www.cluuz.com/

I found a reference to it in Karen Blakeman's Tales from the Terminal Room newsletter of August 2008.

I could also use these, which I've got in my favourites list in my browser:

Ask.com
Canuckster.com
Exalead.com
Live.com (used on 17/09/08)
Yahoo.com (used on 10/09/08)
Graball to compare search engine results side by side
Copernic Agent to search multiple search engines
www.intelways.com
www.zuula.com
www.akacrawiki.com

This will be an opportunity to learn the features and weaknesses of these search engines. It will be an opportunity to get out of the Google rut.

No comments:

Post a Comment