Wednesday 20 August 2008

THE CILIP CPD PROGRAM

After seeing the CPD programme that my organisation offers, the CILIP one seems very primitive! Is primitive too harsh a word to use? might be, but that is the first word that came to mind.

I know CILIP is currently changing their website, so it may be that they will do something for the CPD as well, but during the presentation it did strike me that there is so much help given by my organisation, while CILIP still seems to follow some old and boring model.

I am sitting here hoping that someone has already given this a thought and while writing this someone is actually working on it already. I will find out when I visit the CILIP library in two weeks time.

I made a couple of notes of the changes to our CPD portal and so on, but the one thing that I made sure to write down was this:

"CPD is not only about being chartered - it's about becoming aware of the developments in my profession and to find out where I fit into these changes"

No comments:

Post a Comment